Monday, August 9, 2010

B is for Blessing Day



Eliza Juliette was blessed by her father on Sunday August 1st. He was joined by friends and family.
She cried {more like screamed}during most of the blessing. Luckily Charles was not phased by it at all. 

Eliza wore the dress that both of her sisters wore. It is the bottom of my wedding dress and is very sentimental. My grandma, who passed away last year, helped turn my dress into this beautiful dress for the girls. It has grandma's signature rolled roses on the front and back of the dress. Grandma thought that they should also be on the back because little babies are often over your shoulder and she wanted some of the decoration to be seen then too. 

This was the only picture that I grabbed the whole day. I am glad that we thought to do this before church because the rest of the day got a little crazy.

After church we headed over to Grandma's house for dinner. I made a HUGE pan of Penne Rustica and other family and friends brought the rest of the meal. We topped off the night with brownie sundaes with homemade hot fudge. Yummy! I believe that our numbers for dinner {including babies}was 40. It is nice to have so many family and friends that are so close but we were sad to miss some important people that live too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment