Friday, July 2, 2010

T is for Tahoe



This year we made goals for the summer.
Partly to keep the kids busy doing great things and also to keep from hearing the words, "I'm bored."
I have yet to hear that and we are about 5 weeks into summer.
One of the goals for the 3 big kids was to swim in Lake Tahoe.

Grandma and Grandpa were nice enough to share their vacation with the kids.
This was the first year in a long time that they had their timeshare during summer so the kids could go.
They had a great idea for this trip.
They took the 3 big kids for the first 3 days so they could do some more "big kid" things.
One of which was renting bikes and going on a 10 mile bike ride in Tahoe.



After 3 days they drove all the way back down the hill and switched off kids.
They picked up the 2 little boys and back up the hill they went.



The little boys had a great time just hanging out.
I can already picture them as two old men in this same position talking about the "good old days"

One of Hudson's goals was to swim without his tubie.
I got a call one morning from him.
He was so excited.

" Mom, mom, I passed off one of my goals. I swam in the pool with no tubie. Aren't you proud?"
"Wow Hudson, that is awesome."
"Yeah - I only had on my life jacket."
{I guess that I need to be more specific next time !}

I did not have the heart to tell him that it was supposed to be with out ANYTHING to help him.
One of the first things that he did when he got home was check the box on his summer goals chart.

The Tahoe trip could not have come at a better time.
It was the week after Eliza was born and Charles had just gone back to work.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for helping the kids check off the letter T!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment